Doggie Daycare & Overnight Stay Enrollment
To enroll in Petopia’s doggie daycare or overnight stay programs, all dogs must go through our initial consultation and evaluation process, as known as the trial day. You must first make an appointment for a trial.
- Trial daycare – only required for dogs over 1 year of age
- Trial overnight – required for all dogs regardless of age
At this time, one of our experienced staff will learn about your dog’s social, behavioural and medical history, explain our services, answer any questions and give you a complete tour of our facility. Initial Consultations for new clients can be scheduled any day of the week by appointment only. Dogs must arrive before 9am on weekdays and 10am on weekends for their trial day.
For availability information or to schedule a consultation, please contact us today at 416.429.7387 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no cost for trial day of daycare (only required for dogs over the age of 1 year). For the overnight trial, the cost is $25. Because of Petopia’s social and cage-free environment, it is extremely important that all dogs be non-aggressive and able to get along with a group of dogs. During the trial day, we can observe how your fur baby interacts with other dogs and acclimate to the daycare environment. This will also help us determine which playgroup your four-legged friend is best suited for. We are concerned not only for your dog’s safety, but for the safety of all the other dogs that play at Petopia as well. We ask that you fill out all the necessary paperwork prior to your dog’s trial daycare or overnight stay.
Who can Join the Petopia fun?
- Dogs must complete an evaluation process – trial daycare (for dogs over 1 year of age) or overnight stay (24 hour period)
- We accept dogs of all breeds, ages and size
- If your dog is over 12 months of age, he or she must be neutered or spayed.
- All dogs must have a properly quick release fitted collar with up-to-date identification and Rabies tags.
- All dogs in our daycare or overnight programs must be current on DHPP, Rabies and Bordetella vaccinations (Bordetella vaccinations must be done within the past year) We will accept titer testing for the DHPP.
- All puppies enrolled in our Puppy Daycare program must have their 1st set of vaccinations, the Bordetella vaccine or nasal spray and have a clean fecal exam.
- All dogs must be healthy and free of any contagious illnesses
- All dogs must be free of external parasites (fleas and ticks) and be on a flea prevention program from May to November (no flea collars allowed)
- All dogs must be social with other dogs and not be food or toy possessive.
- To ensure the safety and comfort of all the daycare doggies, we require a one day per week commitment. If your dog is absent from day care for an extended period, it may be necessary to perform another behavior assessment.
- All dogs must complete the trial overnight (24 hour stay) prior to their first overnight stay with Petopia. This will help your dog get accustomed to their new home away from home so that their stay with us will be more enjoyable.
- Petopia reserves the right to turn away any dog unsuitable for this environment.
- Veterinary records and signed forms and waivers are required for enrollment.
Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with Petopia!